The purpose of the Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe is to recognize those individuals who have served the United States Army Ordnance Corps with demonstrated integrity, moral character and professional competence over a sustained period of time. And whose selfless contributions to the Corps stand out in the eyes of their seniors, peers and subordinates alike.
The approval authority for the Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe is delegated to Ordnance Corps General Officers and full Colonels (06) respectively. the nomination packet must be favorably endorsed by the nominee’s Battalion Commander.
When there is not an Ordnance General or Colonel available in the nominees organization, the nomination can be submitted to the Ordnance Corps Association, who will coordinate for a review and approval by the Chief of Ordnance and Staff.
• Any member of the Ordnance Corps may nominate a qualified candidate for the Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe.
• Nominators may use the Ordnance Corps Association’s Samuel Sharpe nomination form or a reasonable facsimile. The nominator must provide a one-page justification, which articulates the candidate’s Ttime in the Corps, Level of Responsibility, Complexity / Difficulty of positions in which they served, Impact / Contribution to the Corps and Sacrifice in Service to the Corps and the Nation. The nomination form must also include the full name, rank, duty position, phone number, email address and mailing address of the nominee, nominator, endorser and if appropriate the approval authority.
• Forward the completed nomination form and $35.00 for the cost of the award, shipping and handling to:
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps Association
P.O. Box 5251
Ft. Lee, Virgina 23801
• The nomination must be received no later than four weeks prior to the projected presentation date. If the desired presentation date is less than four weeks a $15.00 late fee is required, to cover the cost associated with handling of the awards. The expediting must be approved by the association.
• It is expected that recipients will be presented the Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe during an appropriate and dignified ceremony.